Envision yourself on your wedding day.
Radiant. Glowing. Gorgeous.
Notice the words “painted” and “charred” didn’t make the cut.
No matter your skin tone, the key to a flawless wedding-day face is how you care for your skin and how you show it off with a touch of makeup. And whether you like the au natural look or prefer to glam it up bombshell-style, you want your happiness to shine out from your eyes . . . not your glittery eyeshadow.
So, a few tips for the days, weeks and months leading up to the big day:
- Avoid tanning beds and spray-on tans, which can look fake and mask your real beauty (or, in the case of tanning beds, actually damage it!)
- Wear sunscreen when you go outside
- Exfoliate your face once or twice a week and use a non-oily moisturizer regularly
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
- Try to get plenty of sleep and exercise
- Eat a well-balanced, non-fatty diet
- Begin your makeup routine with a pore minimizer
- Select foundation, powder and concealer shades that are similar to your natural skin tone, not the tone you wish you were
- Consider using a makeup sealer — like hairspray for your face
- Touch up makeup before photos to ensure non-oily looking skin
- Remember to smile — a cheerful expression shows off your lovely skin much better than a frown!